Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Low Carb Pizza

8 oz. cream cheese
4 eggs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 t. Italian seasoning
1/2 t. minced garlic
1/2 c. pizza sauce
3 cups mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of choice

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add Parmesan, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Spray 8 x 13 pan with cooking spray or oil. Place 2 cups mozzarella cheese in bottom of pan. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spread sauce over baked mixture. Add toppings of choice. Cover with remaining cheese. Bake until bubbly and brown. Let Stand for five minutes.

I used sauteed garlic and onions on it for toppings since I like plain cheese pizza and I knew I was sleeping alone... If I were to make this recipe again, I would probably use a harder cheese for the bottom of the pan. Something like asiago or an Italian cheese blend instead of the mozzarella. Where as the "crust" was tasty (albeit somewhat "eggy"), it didn't have that crunchy feel that I like on my pizza and I'm pretty sure the harder cheese would make it more that way. In fact, I might reduce the number of eggs in the crust as well to make it thinner. But I had some for breakfast this morning, and let me tell you! It tastes just like leftover pizza from anywhere. It was awesome.

1 comment:

stapeliad said...

Oh wow this looks WONDERFUL. I will have to try it.

:)
I love your recipe blog idea.