Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fried Zucchini

We were about 10 miles from Miss M's hometown when we went camping last weekend. Her dad brings the camper for us with his truck every year. This past Saturday, he stopped by for coffee and brought us produce! There were two days worth of cole slaw for my family on vacation and way too many beans. I brought the zucchini and broccoli home, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. I have read about fried green tomatoes, but I wanted to try fried zucchini. And I did it. First, I soaked it, sliced in milk.Then I coated it in crushed cheese nips (What? It's all I had. There is no bread in a single woman's house!) parsley and red pepper flakes.Fried it up in olive oil with some minced garlic.And there you have it. It was awesome! I make stuff up all the time, but this was a good one. I have one more zucchini to deal with. I may just do the same with it. I gobbled it all up!

1 comment:

buffalodick said...

It's tasty stuff when battered and deep fried!